When I saw that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award, I wasn’t sure if it was a joke or not. Afterwards, I felt overwhelmed with gratitude since it was my first nomination for anything since I started my blogging journey. I want to say a very big THANK YOU to heybetterme.com for nominating me for this award. It was unexpected and thrilling.
Here are the rules for those who are nominated and want to participate in the Liebster award process:
Post the award on your blog
Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
Share 11 things about yourself
Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog
11 things about me
My autobiography – Myself x11:
Readjusting is quite a feat. I have found it easier to adjust to a culture versus readjusting to a way of life that I grew up with (Myself Fact 1). I’ve learned there is no satisfaction in anything of this world (Myself Fact 2). As a human, I’m always going to want more and have desires of longing for what another has (Myself Fact 3). It’s inevitable, but it can be controlled. Since I am a Christian, I believe that only God can bring change since He knows my better than I know myself (Myself Fact 4). I mean He is my Creator and the Creator of all things not man-made. Growing up in American Samoa made me a collectivist, but since I lived in the States for 3 years I developed a few individualistic traits that made my moving home a lot harder (Myself Fact 5). I still and always will value my relationship with God (Myself Fact 6). My views on church and the Bible has definitely changed (Myself Fact 7). I’m working on seeking God for His plans for my life because all my own plans went down the toilet with all the ki’o (translation: poop) in my life already (Myself Fact 8). Throughout all the life lessons I’ve picked up on, the one theme that has stuck out in every season of my life is “E muamua le Atua“(translation: God First) (Myself Fact 9). Recently I lost someone very dear to me. My Grandma Fou and her sisters, Grandma Vai, Grandma Seta and Grandma Lafo, were very close and left a beautiful picture of what love, peace and relationships should look like. These sisters all had a part in raising me, even though only one is my biological grandma but they were all my grandmas (Myself Fact 10). They taught me the true meaning of the Samoan proverb, “O uo mo aso uma, a o uso mo aso vale” (translation: friends are for all days, but siblings are for the bad days). I’m happy to say my brothers and I have been able to maintain this type of relationship so far and I can only pray that it stays that way (Myself Fact 11).
Answers to Merrilyn’s questions from heybetterme.com:
1. Where are you from?
- American Samoa
2. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
- I actually love where I’m at, but my second choice would be Auckland, New Zealand.
3. What is something you have always wanted to do?
- Go to Italy
4. What do you do to relieve stress?
- Go to the beach
5. Where are you presently?
- In my fale (house) 🙂
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- Being an Aunty. I absolutely love it.
7. What is something you cannot do without?
- My family
8. What is your favorite childhood memory.
- Building a fail treehouse with my brothers. We built all the walls and forgot all about the floor.
9. What is your favorite book/movie?
- “This Present Darkness” by Frank Perretti
10. Sugar or Salt?
- Sugar. Hands down.
11. In one sentence, talk about your blog.
- My blog is all about my [Samoan] culture and my journey in life with God in hopes of someone finding interest or inspiration from my postings.
My nominations though 😉
11 Questions for my Nominees:
- What is your source of inspiration?
- If you could go anywhere for a day, where would you go?
- Who is your favorite person in the world?
- What is your favorite music genre?
- What made you start blogging?
- Where are you from?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- Where do you enjoy going to spend your free time?
- What is your biggest fear?
- How often do you blog?
- What do you value most in your life?
11 Things About Me:
1. I find Joyce Meyers very inspirational.
2. If I could spend all day every day at the beach, I would.
3. Plumerias are my absolute favorite flowers.
4. I use to collect shot glasses until they grew legs and slowly disappeared one by one
5. I am saved by God’s grace alone.
6. I was born and raised in American Samoa, but I’m not full Samoan.
7. Dancing is a passion, especially Polynesian dancing (siva Samoa, hula, aparima etc.).
8. I, I, I like to party…Holy Ghost kind of party. 😀
9. My family is convinced I am the definition for the term “social butterfly”.
10. I’m always down to meet new people and share my culture with others.
11. Most of my lifestyle is centered around the morals and values I’ve learned from the Samoan culture.